Sunday, March 6, 2011

Food Matters


We are officially out of the stone-age.


So far in the last 3 weeks we've hooked up our HD channels,
purchased a Wii, and got Netflik...thru our Wii...which is like 
Magic! 
I don't know how we've lived without Netflix and why we are always the last to hop on the train?
But it's a beautiful thing and really makes me think twice about having cable (that's if my husband wasn't in love with People's Court. Sassy latina's get him every time).


So... 
I now have been finding every excuse to watch a dozen documentaries once the boys are asleep.
And last night I watched 2. Back to back! 


One of them being, Food Matters. 
If you love learning about food; where it comes from, the effects it has on your body, sustainable living and living organically....then this movie is for you.


I learned so much. And felt so empowered to really begin changing our way of eating for good.


Kyle said he'd eat whatever I made him.
Good husband.
And he made a bet with me that if I could do it for a month, he'd buy me an ipad. 
Incentives are always a good thing.


But even if I don't get an ipad (which is a tall order in a house with a tight budget), I am still so excited to start really eating better.


I hate that I need sugar.
Or caffeine. 
Or nutella for that matter. 

Maybe I'll start craving carrots? 

Hmmm, we'll see. 


Have a great Sunday!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck yes! Can't wait to follow your journey. We've been getting the willpower together to make the committment as well :)

Your blog is one of my favorites!

lauren ♥ said...

if you are going to add vegan friendly healthy dishes to your menu, i would love if you'd post about them here! we're always looking for new meal ideas! <3

Steff said...

I stopped eating sugar about 4 months ago {it affects my personality in a very bad way and makes me irritated and angry all the time, being on sugar that is...} and now I do crave things like carrots! There's more sugar than you'd think in things like carrots, bell peppers, etc.

Now when I eat something with sugar, like a sucker, it's SO sweet that I immediately get a stomach ache and feel the need to brush my teeth.

Good luck with everything! I'm a master dieter {not to lose weight, though} because so many foods don't do well with my body and I have Celiac disease {can't eat wheat, rye or barley} so I can tell you that it does get easier, especially after that first month!

Caitlin said...

It is hard to cut out all that junk. I try and limit myself. I actually crave hummus and these delicious tortilla greek dolla's or something delicious I get at the flea market. YUM!

Steff said...

Mmmm I love hummus!

Elora said...

Ooo, fantastic! Good luck with this.

My boyfriend and I have been slowly making the transition to healthier eating (at a snail's pace? lol) Whole grain pastas, more fruits and veg. I've cut waaaayy back on my sugar intake. I used to practically put sugar on everything, but not anymore. I just make sure to indulge in my food fantasies once in a while, for my sanity of course :D

Good husband for sure! It's always good to have extra incentive, and your favourite people on your team. Can't wait to see how your journey comes along! <3

with love, the fishers said...

Thanks Ladies for the support. You are the best!
And if I see any good recipes I will definitely post them. xo

Amber said...

Its a great documentary. You should watch TAPPED next.