Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Party Part 1

Saturday we had my family over for our 1st Easter egg hunt at our house.
It was a really good day.
All the kids had fun and way too much candy.
But isn't that the rule on Easter?
This year Kyle & I decided as a family that we were no longer going to celebrate a secular Easter.
There wasn't going to be a big eared bunny that came sneakin' in to our house to deliver baskets 
(they got spring baskets instead).
And we spent weeks reading the Easter Bible story 
and we made Jesus cookies.

My Jesus cookies brought some serious laughs...
but hey, being a mom means being creative and it was my way of teaching them in a more tangible way what Christ did on the cross for us! 

And by Sunday, they got it right!
The day ended with a ride in my husbands Lincoln Continental.
It was a good way to end the day.

No comments: