Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Share it



I just finished reading this book today and loved it, 
so much so I wanted to share it with you.

I learned so much about the comparisons between what you eat and how your skin looks.
And it's pretty amazing.

Ever since having Lucas, me & dairy don't mix.
I eat it, but really shouldn't.
And after reading this book she has a whole chapter on the effects of dairy on your skin and it's one of the biggest contributors to acne.
Which is probably why mine has not been looking the greatest these days!

She goes thru everything from what to eat, to vitamins, minerals,
and how it all breaks down into your skin. So fascinating and
if you love these kind of books or if you have trouble skin and want to read more about alternative ways to help, this book is great.

She also has a 28 day food plan at the back of the book to help you transition to a cleaner way of eating and I started it today.

I can't wait to see if my skin really improves after 28 days.
Because the before & after photos in the book are really incredible.

 
 

4 comments:

Carynn Mae Eren. said...

That's awesome! My skin changed drastically when I switched to Vegan and began eating whole foods. I didn't make the connection to dairy though!

Unknown said...

I want to read this book! I've been told before about the dairy thing, and I have terrible skin but I eat very little dairy, some days no dairy at all. I'd love to know what else she says though. Thanks for sharing sweet friend.

xoxo, Kari said...

I am getting this book!

with love, the fishers said...

@Heather & Kari, Oh yay! You'll both love it, and it's such an easy read.

She also talks about sodium and if you're acne prone it'll wreck havoc on your skin. Which was another biggie for me.