Monday, February 28, 2011

D+



This weekend wore me out, but in a totally great way.
I think in the 3 weeks we've lived at our house we've had people over every single day. 
Funny because we weren't the best at hosting friends at our old place...
maybe because they were scared of the hood? 
perhaps....
But I can't wait to have more friends over...so watch out that means you? haha!


Speaking of friends, I am realizing what a terrible one I am.


I hurt a friends' feelings with my bad communication skills and it made me realize that I really need to step it up. If I was being graded I'd get a solid D+.  


Because besides whooping it up at home with my pack,
and galloping to the gym,
I don't get out much. 
And that means I need to keep all the friends I've got. 
So don't jump ship yet! 


Life just flows from one day to the next,
and you get so caught up in the day to day without even realizing it's been days or weeks or sadly months since you talked to a close friend. Bad. 


So I vow to be more thankful, to really love you.
To invest more time in your life,
and not be so wrapped up in my own.
(I really hate that sentence, but man it's the truth.)


How do you all juggle maintaining friendships being a wife & mommy? 
Suggestions greatly appreciated!


Love you all!
*And I mean it!









6 comments:

xoxo, Kari said...

Twitter and Facebook. Seriously. I know, sad right? But it's the truth. I feel like I can't juggle so I communicate with everyone the only way I can at the moment which is via computer :) I would not even grade you a D. I love you!

beca said...

I just moved to San Diego, and all my friends are still in Tucson, and it's been a blessing to have a half hour phone convo a week. I call when I am walking the dog, or when I am doing laundry. I put the phone on speaker phone and it's almost like they're there.

You wouldn't believe how much a phone call means. Even a missed phone call...

Don't worry though, even when I was in Tucson, I was horrible about making plans with friends. I'm just a homebody...

Little Tree Vintage said...

it happens sometimes, if she's a real friend she'll understand and give u another chance. ps you look gorgeous!

Amber said...

You are a Great Friend! I like to send random "How R U" text to friends I haven't talked to for a while. But talking on the phone 30 minutes a week to a friend isn't a bad idea either. Have a Great Day!

Unknown said...

I'm Renee and a new follower of your blog! Just thought I'd say hello!

anyhoot, i love what you've got going here, very cute!

Feel free to take a look at mine [you know, just so you know who's reading yours :)]

http://babygeisler.blogspot.com/

Renee xo

Marshman Family Album said...

playdates at your house biweekly. You don't have to leave and your kids are entertained :) That's the way we roll - because seriously, when you get a free minute you don't want to exert that precious energy on the phone or sending e mails, etc...