Monday, January 11, 2010

The Fridge



Helloooooo, Fridge!

It's time for me & you to have a lil' experiment.

And so here is my mission: To use all that you hold to feed my family.

Sounds easy enough right?
Well, you.are.wrong.

Half of the food we use.
and the other half, well, just gets funky.

OR I buy it to use in some fancy smancy recipe (hi, capers! you've been on my fridge door for awhile now...I know) and I never.use.you.again.

So here is my project for the next 7 days.
I am going to use all that my fridge holds, without restocking at the grocery store once!
(this of course, excludes drinks! Once milk or diet coke is gone in my house, there is gonna be a riot.)

It's a tall order.
I know. I'm scared.
But I have some tools to help.

And for the next 7 days I'm going to post my recipes.
And at the end of 7 days, we'll see how well I did.

We are all trying to skimp to save where we can.

So, wish me luck.
And if you try any of these recipes, let me know what you think!

No comments: