Thursday, September 11, 2008

Jesus for President

Lately at the Fisher Household, my husband and I have been having some pretty intense conversations about the Presidential Candidacy. Overall, we have very different ideas and opinions. But it has been refreshing to be able to talk so openly with someone who is knowledgeable about the issues and has his own opinion. Which in this day and age is commendable.
So I started reading this book called Jesus for President. In times like these, I need to focus my attention not on a man to lead our country but on God who created it.Snapshots of political imagination … the question is not are we political, but how are we political. Not are we relevant, but are we peculiar? The answer lies in how we embody what we believe. Our greatest challenge is to maintain the distinctiveness of our faith in a world gone mad. And all of creation waits, groans, for a people who live God’s dream with fresh imagination.

Time to turn off the TV.

No comments: