Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Do-Over

Wow.
Today was a rough one.
By 9:30 am I was begging for it to be over.


Ayden broke one of my favorite glasses.
Which can't be replaced.
And glass shattered everywhere.
Lucas was screaming.
I had enough dishes in my sink to circle the planet.

Laundry was everywhere.
Glass was everywhere.
I grabbed Ayden (he was on the counter) & told him to go to his room. 


He yelled at me & told me that "You're a bad mommy."


>>>? Those words are so hard to hear, even though I know he doesn't mean it. 


Then it was Lucas's turn.
You see some serious bad habits have been formed with my baby boy.
Not entirely his fault.
Partly mine, and partly because our house just doesn't fit our families needs anymore and that leaves Lucas pretty close to a refugee. 
My bed, his crib, back room, boys room...it's tiring.


But today I started a new routine, which he did not like and that fight lasted a really long time.


After his nap, we headed to Walmart. I really should have stayed at home.
Have I told you how much I detest Walmart?
Well, I do.
And today especially.
Last minute Christmas shopping and Walmart should never be together in a sentence ever.
So while battling the masses, Lucas found my dish soap and dumps the entire bottle all over my cart. All over him. And all over me.
Deep breaths.
Then Ayden starts coughing.
and coughing.
and coughing.
and coughing.
Enter asthma attack.
I don't have his inhaler.
I don't have his breathing machine.
And I have to pick up Brandon in 10 minutes.


So here I am covered in soap.
With a cart covered in soap (things I really needed).
A soapy baby, 
and a boy who is having an asthma attack.


I felt so alone at that moment.


I quickly grabbed a coke (caffeine works),
gave it to Ayden
and left.


I did make it to pick up Brandon, 
which when you're having a really hard day it's the little accomplishments that count.




I'm looking forward to Thursday :) 

4 comments:

lauren ♥ said...

oh no, just reading this gave me major anxiety. how sad, and what an awful day. i hope that today is so much better!

p.s. if your battle with your baby boy involves sleeping habits... i feel for you. it took us until malcolm was 15 months to get him in his crib and on a regular sleeping schedule. ugh. wishing you guys the best <3

xoxo, Kari said...

And these are the days that make us real parents. The moments that prove we can get through anything. And it also proves that a lunch date is needed...soon :)

Amber said...

Oh my! Time to Laugh now because it's over. Love You!

Moon & Little said...

Sending love. <3