Thursday, March 11, 2010

Motherhood


Sometimes I think a lot about all the sacrifices mothers make.
We are servants to our family,
and sometimes our work goes unnoticed.

Countless hours are spent wiping butts, doing dishes, doing laundry,
making beds, cooking meals, saying prayers, reading stories, teaching,
and modeling.
All for the sake of our children.

These mundane tasks, these ordinary moments,
sometimes make each day feel a lot like groundhog day.

But motherhood is an art.
And we are the makers of our home.
Every inch of it.
And we get these beautiful people to raise up.
How lucky are we?

I might not have the best clothes, my toenail polish might be chipped,
and sadly, it's been a long time since I talked to a friend on the phone....
but at the end of the day I know that I worked hard for my family.
And that makes me feel so rewarded when I lay my head on the pillow at night.

2 comments:

Moon & Little said...

Well said.

xo

Unknown said...

I love you and your beautiful and wise soul!