Friday, February 26, 2010

update

I've been meaning to update you on my book club.
So far, I've really enjoyed reading this book.
It's refreshing in a sense at how simple it is in nature.
But how it all comes back to my relationship with Christ.

How to be kind.
How to forgive.
Being loyal to those not present.
How to love each other.

We put so much effort into things that are disposable in this country.
Our jobs, our appearance, material possessions, etc.
We forget that what matters most are those we have committed our life too.
And to invest the time and effort into building those relationships.

It got me thinking a lot about what I want my family to stand for.
To love each other.
To worship together.
To pray together.
To help each other.
To believe in each other.
To wisely use our time, talents, and resources to bless others.

I read a lot of books.
Some I start with high hopes and stop reading because I either don't agree with what they are saying or they are completely wacky.
Others I eat up and finish them as soon as I can.
This one is taking me a little longer than I thought, but it's nice to be a part of a book club forum and read others thoughts and reactions to what I just read.

So taking my time probably is a good thing.

It helps me really absorb the material...
which as I get older is harder and harder to do!

No comments: