Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mornings

The mornings are so beautiful.
I wake up to the sun shining on my face thru a crack in my curtains.

I look around.
To see my lil' one fast asleep by my feet.
And my husband to my left, snoring soundly.

I am thankful.

All the hard work and love in between these walls, almost too much to grasp at times.

"He gave me all this?"
Willingly and with love.

But then I have these moments of sadness.
I wouldn't be human if I didn't.
Sadness for friendships I've lost over the years or
regret about distant relationships.
Or that I have the hardest time building new relationships.
For fear that they won't like "me" once they get to know "me."

But those thoughts aren't real.
And have learned it's just sin working it's way in to distract me.


Because we are loved.
He is good.
And I remember, I am so thankful for "all this."

No comments: