Sunday, August 3, 2008

Romania

I've waiting a few days to write about Romania. Not because I wasn't anxious about sharing the amazing, miraculous adventures we embarked on over there, but because I was still processing everything that happened and really wanted to portray it in the best way imaginable. I was the first to leave from the team of 10 who went. It was the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do, but I knew I needed to come home to my boys. It was time.

Although my departure was bittersweet, I can relish in the fact that I was part of something so true and so God-filled. I will be changed forever. My husband will be changed forever. To be a part of a team of beautiful, inspiring, selfless, humble people was beyond words. I love them all to the depths.

It was so awesome to see him in that light; ministering to the youth in a way he only could. How fascinated they were with him, from the tattoos' on his skin to the stories he told...they truly loved him. They called him: Ursu, which is bear in Romanian. To see their faces when they heard the worship band was so pure and full of life. You could tell it was something they have never heard before.The camp was incredibly beautiful, beyond words. It was nature at it's highest and God at His highest.

Here is some of what we saw:


we stopped in the middle of a rainstorm for a picture.

at our pastor's dinner

the cabins at the camp.

a view from the camp.

my group. these girls were great.

view from our hotel: hotel europa.

the centre of Cluj.

The streets. amazing right?

kathy, me, lucia and heather.

I'm write more later.
love always.

No comments: