Wednesday, January 14, 2009

MLK Day

Yesterday my after school ride with my oldest went a little something like this:

"How was your day dude?"

"Great, we learned about Larry King. You know it's his birthday next week?"

"Umm..(desperately trying to rack my brain for some idea as to who Larry King is, because after all I am the parent and have to appear that I know all answers that a 6 year old throws my way)...Larry King???? You mean Martin Luther King?"

"Oh yeah, that's right!"

"Brandon, do you know what Martin Luther King did?"

"Ummm ...yeah mom. He was an man who had a dream...and he wanted to change the world. But he was ass-anated"
Hey mom, what about that lady who had to sit at the back of the bus? She was cool!"

"So cool dude."

He is so smart and so funny.
I am so happy he is my kid.

No comments: